Ophal1 is a highly scalable web platform, which aims to be easy to maintain, learn, extend and is open to improvements. Developers can create modules to alter and extend Ophal's core capabilities and add new features or customize Ophal's behavior and appearance, Coinage, Wy.si, CEXchanger, EcoArtesanias and DBA are examples of that. Ophal core supports themes, which customize the "look and feel" of Ophal sites.
Ophal back-end is implemented in pure Lua programming language, compatible with Lua 5.1 and LuaJIT 2.0.x. You can deploy Ophal on Nginx's HttpLuaModule, as a FastCGI script with a FCGI wrapper or as a humble CGI script on Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd and others that support URL rewriting. See INSTALL.txt.
Ophal front-end includes a built-in Theme engine an is empowered by jQuery, it is ready for your web application developments.
- Built-in modular and sandboxed architecture
- CGIC, an Ophal module that is a helper for CGI scripting.
- Seawolf library is included for a better web development experience
- Built-in port of Mobile_Detect micro library
- jQuery and CSS whenever you need them, using functions addjs() and addcss()
- Built-in sandboxed theme engine
More about Ophal
License and source code
Ophal is AGPL v3.0! The source code is publicly available at the git repository.
Met the community
There are several ways to join the Ophal community.