Ophal1 is a highly scalable web platform, which aims to be easy to maintain, learn, extend and is open to improvements. Developers can create modules to alter and extend Ophal’s core capabilities and add new features or customize Ophal’s behavior and appearance, Coinage, Wy.si, EcoArtesanias and DBA are examples of that. Ophal core supports themes, which customize the “look and feel” of Ophal sites.
Ophal CMS provides you with a CMS framework or CMF, which is lightning fast, resource efficient (CPU, RAM, I/O), flexible, extensible and durable. Ophal CMS is Already running on high traffic mobile and desktop sites serving 5 million page views to date. Worth to give it a try!
Ophal back-end is implemented in pure Lua programming language, compatible with Lua 5.1 and LuaJIT 2.0.x. Ophal runs on Nginx’s HttpLuaModule, as a FastCGI script with a FCGI wrapper or as a humble CGI script on Apache’s mod_cgi/mod_cgid or Lighttpd. See INSTALL.txt.
Ophal front-end includes: a built-in Theme engine and jQuery, they are ready for your web application developments.
- Built-in modular and sandboxed architecture
- CGIC, an Ophal module that is a helper for CGI scripting.
- Seawolf library is included for a better web development experience
- Built-in port of Mobile_Detect micro library
- jQuery and CSS whenever you need them, using functions add_js() and add_css()
- Built-in sandboxed theme engine
More about Ophal
License and source code
Ophal is AGPL v3.0! The source code is publicly available at the git repository.
Met the community
There are several ways to join the Ophal community.